Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Feeding Your Parakeet

The most important thing to taking care of your Parakeet is always keeping feed in his feeder and fresh water in his water feeder. I know everyone knows that, but it still worth mentioning here anyways. I've tried several types of seeds to see which type my Parakeets like best, and mine likes the Hartz Seeds. I've tried the preminum Seeds, Sun Seeds, Wild Bird Parakeet Seeds, High Country Blends. You might have to try different type to see which brand your birds perfer.

The next thing, is try to get your Parakeets to eat pellets, since all seeds is not a very good diet for them. I've been working on getting mine to eat the Zupreem Garden Goodness. It smells great, but they don't seem to want to like it, but I'm still going to keep offering it to them.

Also try to get your birds to eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Mine will eat bananas and broccoli, but that's about it. This can be a hard task to get your birds to try new types of food other than seeds.

Give your birds a treat when they have been good. I give my Parakeets millet spray. I will also hang a Hartz Bird Treat in there cage from time to time, also I will take and cut a banana in half, poke a hole through the side, run a piece of string through the hole, then press seeds into the banana and then hang it in their cage. Mine will tear it up, the love it.

Comments on "Feeding Your Parakeet"

 

post a comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

Parakeet Blog: BLOGGER