Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Toys For Your Parakeet

I wanted to write about this subject since it's important to give your Parakeets things to play with. A mirror in a cage is a big plus. Cage mirrors are very inexpensive...there are some at Wal Mart in my area for 86 cents. Next hanging toys. My birds loves to play with there hanging balls, hanging wooden toys with bells. There are alot of types of hanging toys to choose from, ranging in all different prices. Swings...Most cages come with a swing, but if your cage did not, look around and find your bird a swing. They are very inexpensive, and seeing your bird enjoy swinging will be worth it.

You can also find treats hanging toys. They are bird treats with like a bell or other type of toy mounted to it. I bought my Parakeets one and they eat alittle, but really enjoy playing with it. Cuttle Bone is very inexpensive bone that hangs on the inside of the cage, and it's good for their health. Mine nibbles on there's, but enjoy's playing with it.

Perches...Perches would not be considered a toy, but if you get your Parakeets a rope perch which feels good on their feet, and something to chew on, they'll love it. Rope perches are washable, and very durable.

Playgyms and playstands...Playgyms are pretty inexpensive, and the birds really enjoy their out of cage time on a playgym. Most playgyms are small, but still fun to the birds. Playstands are taller stands which the birds can jump from perch to perch. Most playstands I have seen online are rather expensive, but you can find a great deal here and there. I build playgyms and playstands and will post some pics of a few I've built as soon as I get batteries for my digital camera. I build them out of PVC Pipe, and they turn out amazing once finished. I've always been very good with my hands, and can build and fix anything I want. Take your time and build your Parakeet or other types of birds a playgym and playstand. They a fairly easy to build and fun.

Comments on "Toys For Your Parakeet"

 

post a comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

Parakeet Blog: BLOGGER