Thursday, August 03, 2006

Parakeets and Music

My Parakeets love music. I let all 6 of them out yesterday, and forgot to cut the radio on for them. I started working online, and realized they were very quiet. I started to wonder, so I got up and went and checked on them. They were all sitting on their play gym looking at me like didn't you forget something. Time I turned the radio on, they perked up, and started chirping and bird dancing a cross the gym perch. Maybe I got my Parkeets Spoiled, I'm not sure, but my birds love music, and not picky about what they listen to. Try playing music to your birds and see if they get real excited. They are fun to watch, expecially when they are trying to dance. I wish I could explain how this bird dance looks, but the only way I can describe it, but no words can describe the way it looks. My Parakeets are not themselves without their music.

Comments on "Parakeets and Music"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:07 PM) : 

My keets do the same thing. They bob their heads and chirp like mad.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

I heard that parakeets like soft music like classical and "light music" but I put on Shinedown's "Sound of Madness" and I swear to God they were bobbing their heads and feathers to it. They did make some noise along with it but I've found that they seem to be most active when I play Pink Floyd, Tool, or A Perfect Circle. I was hoping they'd like the bands but I'm not really sure if they are making noise cuz they hate it or because they like it. I have played some stuff and they didn't do anything at all lol. So I guess any response is a good response?

Would be nice if someone could make a site explaining different sounds parakeets make and what they may or may not mean. I'd love for my birds to love my favorite bands but it would be even better if I could play music that they actually liked. I'm a new parakeet owner and not really sure how to differentiate the noises they make from pleasure or displeasure. Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to email me.

 

Blogger TechMustHaves.com said ... (1:07 AM) : 

My parakeet, Tiguilla, loves guns n roses, acdc, live, and he loves to hear my son play his guitar and sing. He chirps and sings right along with him. With guns n roses and some of the more heavier music he flies around the cage and sings as if he's putting on a performance. he's too cute. He has come around to coming out of the cage on his own yet, but he will hold a conversation and look at you like you're crazy if you try to get him to try a new food.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:02 AM) : 

Light and soft music always make them glad and happy.

Parakeet Sounds

 

post a comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

Parakeet Blog: BLOGGER