Monday, August 21, 2006

Giving Your Parakeet A Bath

I had a long hot day outside yesterday, and I decided to take all my Parakeets and put them in one cage and take them outside while I worked. It was hot, so I put a bigger water dish in the cage, and the water spray bottle to mist them when I saw they were getting hot. I kept my eye on them, and noticed they were more playful then normal outside. Sure they chirp and sing more outside, but they were all having a great time. I decided to walk over to the cage and see what they were doing, and they were taking turns getting in the big water dish washing theirselves. They were so wet, they didn't even look like Parakeets. I thought to myself I been giving them a bath one by one for months now, and all I had to do was put a water dish in their cage and take them outside. I'll have to do this more often.

Comments on "Giving Your Parakeet A Bath"

 

Blogger Kurt said ... (7:11 AM) : 

I was just searching for parakeet blogs and yours came up. Not sure if this is still active. I have one parakeet but he hates water so far. Would like to trade tips if you are still around. My email is
castnriffles@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Kurt

 

Blogger APSvermont said ... (2:47 PM) : 

I would also recommend a shower-mounted perch that your bird can use in your own shower. I know you can get them at www.petfrenzy.com.

 

Blogger kirei913 said ... (8:26 PM) : 

Oh yes THEY LOVE WATER! It is so important for their feathers! It is so darn cute how they love water! I have one who wants to bathe in her greens and carrot dish. I take kitchen shears and some romaine lettuce and cut it very small, well there is a lot of water that comes out and she will get in that dish now and splash in the greens and carrots, so sometimes she turns a little orange from the carrots and gets a spikey hairdo.Try some greens for them and apple, you can find on line what they can have and cannot have. It is a real treat for them!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:58 AM) : 

Of course they love water...I like your bathing idea...

Parakeet Care

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:40 AM) : 

Parakeets for Sale

 

post a comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

Parakeet Blog: BLOGGER