Saturday, August 26, 2006

Is Your Parakeet A Boy Or Girl?

When I got my two new Parakeets they were young and hard to tell if they were male or female. Well they are now old enough to tell. A male parakeet will have a blue cere, and female will have a white, baby blue, or even a brown cere. The cere is the area at the top of the beak where the nostril is at. At a certain age, it will be easy to tell if you have a male or female. If you have a young Parakeet and want to know if it's male or female, look at the cere and see if there's any trace of white. If you see any white on the nostril area of the cere, that would indicate to me you have a female. I have 3 males Parakeets and 3 females, and my females are pretty aggressive birds, unlike my males.

Comments on "Is Your Parakeet A Boy Or Girl?"

 

Blogger Der Seemann said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Hey, I have a yellow parakeet..it's pretty, looks like a girl to me. Her cere is not white but kind of pink or really light red. My blue parakeet is more skinnier and looks like a male, with more squintish eye but it has a white cere...I doubt it's a female.

 

Blogger learn to live said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Hey!(: I have a parakeet of my own and I'm not to shut what it's gender is it's cere looks blueish white so I'm not to shur I have a blue parakeet I only had him for 3 weeks

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:31 AM) : 

Hi,I have 3 parakeet 2 are girl and 1 boy.All my parakeets are 3 years old.

macaw facts

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:02 AM) : 

I have a blue parakeet with a yellow face its cere is light blue on the bottom but white and pink-ish towards the top? I'm not sure what sex it is

 

Blogger Denis Zuev said ... (8:40 AM) : 

Die Tendenz zur Romantik und Abenteuer charakteristisch für die Maschine, die Wheely Platz cooles Spiel stattfinden wird auf http://neueaffenspiele.de/thema/wheely-spiele

 

post a comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

Parakeet Blog: BLOGGER